Sunday, May 1, 2011

5550 KTRS Inside Out Show Saturday April 30th Plant of the Week-Easter Lily




Well, it seems the KTRS 550 Inside Out Show is hitting it stride just as spring waffles around- oh well I guess both the weather and the show at times are a challenge to predict!

This week’s show seemed to have the perfect recipe of inside jokes, friendly teasing and most importantly valuable information, still lightly interspersed with… let’s say “tidbits” of personality that added a bonus of flavor- Good Job guys---oh and gal!

Yes, perhaps the show’s soft touch should be credited to Debbie Rose, of Collier, Thompson and Shea Construction who was sitting in with them and holding her own! Way to go Debbie!

Jim McMillian of Rolling Ridge Nursery was in his most professional mode and took a good amount of time with me discussing the horticulture attributes and all the “need to know” details about the featured plant family- Lily. Kudos to Jim!

He did such a good job that that I think the show maybe got behind for a few minutes but was able to catch up and end on such a high note that I had several comments over the weekend on what a good show we had! (Please don’t give me the credit-or the blame. I only do what I can, when I can, however I can. Sometimes it works!)

Here are a few Lily links:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/archives/parsons/publications/lily/lily.html

Easter Lilies,

Lilium longiflorum

PS

My personal connection to the Easter Lily is based on a specific attribute that it has that reminds me of how I have been drawn in my walk of faith.

Some lilies, particularly the Easter Lily has a most wonderful scent. My typical response to a pleasant fragrance has always been to seek its source; I have frequently felt completed to comment the minute I have detected a pleasant odor- to whoever is listening.

Sometimes, my nose experience was similar to others and in starting a dialog, sharing a moment or a memory; I opened the door to a wonderful heartfelt connection.

I am frequently amazed at the number of people I have met in such a simple way. I suppose everyone starts out as strangers until they share.

A moment of shared enjoyment for me has lead to a verbal exchange that became a conversation, and then to life long relationships. I value these “friend making moments” as so many have changed my life!

I have been drawn close to some special people in my life because of what we have in common but most recently I have found that plants have given me an opportunity to share the sweetness of my faith. I hope that it has been as much of a blessing to them as it has been for me. I hope to always be able to look at the Easter Lily and humbly admit my best “white” effort in this life will always be dingy compared to His perfect White.

Eternally His…

Mare (Re)

Come see me tonight at the next Bloom and Groom event at Oma’s Barn .


No comments: