Monday, May 23, 2011

5550 KTRS Inside Out Show Saturday May 21st Viburnum 'Bulk' BRANDYWINE, “Show Me NOW” Plant (New Offering With Promise) recognition









Well, I minded my manners this week and didn’t get into a disagreement with Jim on air.
I do feel compelled at times to discuss new plants but I do not wish to overstate their greatness before they have stood up to my “Re”view for whatever I think is a comfortable length of time. Remember I am a Show Me Girl!



Inspired to share my idea on the show, Jim wanted me to give a plant my Show ME Star designation to V. BRANDYWINE before it has earned it.



Any plant I brag or blog about may end up with a “Show Me Star” designation but it needs to be a candidate first.



I have decided to go “out on a limb” and call Viburnum nudum 'Bulk' BRANDYWINE, my first “Show Me NOW” Plant (New Offering With promise.) It’s not like it’s the first fairly new plant we’ve talked about but I want to start here!



I am working on the criteria but for now I suggest go with all these compelling reasons as stated on these links to honor this shrub as my first shrub to “Re”-view. I hope to find worthy of “Show Me STAR” status!



Also more great news, I have been released from the extra burden of carrying the superficies, rather pompous sounding but temporary title of “Officer In Charge of Finding Great Plants to bring to our listeners (Note: I never asked for a change)

Jim blessed me on air Saturday by returning me to my previous status as “ Special Agent”. He did this without consulting with his co-host John Shea but I hope that doesn’t nullify his decision!

This could have been his plan, maybe even sort of a political maneuver on Jim’s part since he made this” executive decision” on a weekend when John Shea was “off duty”! How slick was that! (I warned you all awhile back it seems like they both are sometimes rather whim blown!

The job demotion is for the best for me. I again showed my inability to keep up with the current off topic innuendos that sneak into the shows between calls chitchat.

Its not that I don’t care but the “boys” are hard for me to follow sometimes. This time, I it was me! I listen to Christian radio mostly where I am reassured not to press my panic buttons. Also they seem able to refrain from making fun of those who need our prayers.
I was sad to know this prediction had received so much main stream attention, and even sadder when I think” the boys” might think we reach a main stream audience!

I confess these references had to be explained to me off air! (Thank you dear)
Now for a quick prediction of my own for BRANDYWINE Viburnum is likely to be very good in our region! (I guess I am saying I am willing to go out on a limb on this one! Ha ha)

This new cultivar of our native viburnum is already wearing a “proven winner” tag, but might it really be able to prove its self worthy of my new “status category” recently announced and discussed briefly on the KTRS 550 Inside Out show.

I guess I am interested in drawing attention to some of these “new” but already “proven” plant introductions that are reaching our Nurseries and Greenhouses in the St. Louis area. This is a tough market, especially when a plant is already burdened with a heavy “proof” requirement because of marketing, branding and actually great name appeal!

Jim wanted me to give V. BRANDYWINE my “Show Me Star” designation. I agreed I need a way to help our viewers know which of these new plants I am predicting “potential greatness”. I over road his decision because I am a Show Me first girl, and I control the blog!

Here are a few links so you can check it out yourself:
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/plant.asp?code=D495
My green hearted friend The Plant Hunter/ Tim Wood
Proven Winner Link

On a personal note:
All this talk about fruit has done two things, made me grateful that fruits have no point value on the new Weight Watcher program of which I am experiencing success and ….considering how important it is to me to keep praying for the fruits of the Spirit to be foundational in my life!
Here are the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit:
1. Love
2. Joy
3. Peace
4. Longsuffering
5. Kindness
6. Goodness
7. Faithfulness
8. Gentleness
9. Self-control



Looks like I am still “a work in progress” with nothing to prove on my own!


Eternally His...Re

No comments: