Saturday, April 23, 2011

5550 KTRS Inside Out Show Saturday April 23rd Plant of the Week-Dogwood!





Just like Spring, my role on the show is a roller coaster. For now it seems like we are on the straight away with nothing more than some quiet grumbling happening in the background either before or shortly after the plant of the week segment.

I actually think has more to do with the effects of the weather and Jim McMillians’s surprisingly weather sensitive nature , not mine! (ok maybe mine too!)

As far as unpredictable, John Shea is running a close second to Jim! Not a peep was heard from him during my segment, even after I commented on his quietness. What –no John- how can that be?

I decided, for no better excuse was made by either, that he was lining up the next interview that followed close on my heels. That is the most likely explaination, considering his tendancy to “in general” “participate” during the plant segment. (this means there are times, he thinks he needs to add something he is afraid we will forget, and frankly he is usually right! He’s become fairly garden savvy!)

Most people don’t know about all the work that it actually takes to put on any show, much less one with so many “variables” and uniquely gifted hosts. I have seen the effort of both John Shea and Jim McMillian-it is work, even when it doesn’t sound like it- kudos to them!

Don’t get discouraged- here is the plant part you are looking for and the links:

Dogwood Tree (Cornus florida)

Cornus, the plant family Cornaceae

My favorite information beyond horticulture is about the Christian legend of the Dogwood blossom.

I am reminded every time I look at the world around me of my Creator God, and the amazing rebirth that happens every Spring!

To celebrate this life changing event, I have changed the spelling of my name, (unofficially, I admit) to Mare, another way to spell Mary or what my sister affectionately called me “Re”, a salute to her and the prefix “re” that is part of the many words that apply to what has happened in Christ in my life!.

Eternally His…

Mare (Re)

Come see me at the next Bloom and Groom event at Oma’s Barn .

No comments: