Monday, April 18, 2011

5550 KTRS Inside Out Show Saturday April 16th Plant of the Week, Iris



“It’s not about me!” Just a reminder to myself not to lose my balance and not to go off on a tangent over little things that happened or didn’t happen on Saturday’s show.




Just so everyone knows, the razzing that happens on the Inside Out Show is always done in good fun!




It is true sometimes people and their relationships, seem to have an overflow valve that allows “runoff” which indirectly influences other things, or in this case- others. (Oh oh, I am starting to carry the show theme too far! Doesn’t a water heater have an overflow valve?)




I am sure some times “run off “ has impact issues, for me and the people in my life, I want it always to have a positive effect. I pray for God to keep me near people who’s run off is so pure and forceful that it cleanses my heart like the spring rain I am waiting for to wash away the smudges of dirt and mulch particles I ground into the pavement from yesterday’s sporatic gardening / housework activities, done in a rush and filled with distractions. ApparentlyI am no different than anyone else trying to do it all in a day!




Part of the distraction yesterday was from rehashing the sillies from the show. Why I find humor in being “dismissed” and “reinstated”, all in the course of one three hour “Inside Out Show” is beyond my understanding. Thank goodness I only have to explain plants and not the dynamics of this show!




I had decided Saturday to do a George Stansa/ Seinfeld reaction after being fired again the week before, so I called in as usual this week and carried on because they let me!




The featured plant of the week was the whole family of Iris. Keeping it general was the best I could do because there are so many types with various bloom periods. But as promised I am linking a few favorite sites and again commenting on what a Master Designer God is to have created irises with such amazing and beautiful diversity!




Here are a few of my favorite links- send me a few of yours!








In His Hands….MaryAnn




PS. Come and see the unique and beautifully planted containers at Oma’s Barn .

No comments: