Friday, December 23, 2011

550 KTRS Inside Out Show December 17th 2011 Plant of the Week, Norfolk Island Pine


"The Inside Out show was especially good Saturday!” Yes, it is Christmas, well almost and I am just now getting to download all the thoughts that have been floating lose in my mind. This was my dominate thought ever since the show ended. I even caught myself talking about the show and once having to explain my silly smile. I was surprised earlier today when I realized I was planning tomorrow’s activities in a way that would leave me in listening range of the radio, even though it will be Christmas Eve! (I hope my family is ok with this!)

Ellen reminds me of the “old times” when I would purposely visit greenhouses in the winter just to stand in the warmth of the sun and watch plants grow! Frequently house plants found their way to my car and my window sill at home so it seemed fitting to discuss a few favorites and share one of my favorite past times, seeing a familiar plant growing in its preferred environment. Who wouldn’t enjoy going to Hawaii to see 100 ft Norfolk Pines growing in a place so natural.

I admit it pains me sometimes to see such beauty and know I kept something so wonderful from reaching its full capacity. On the other hand, I know I treated my plants very well and I loved, each and every one!

Here is a useful link and a reminder, you better watch out, you better be good…to your plants: http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/norfolkislandpine.html

More LINKS

John Shea, of Collier, Thompson and Shea

Garden Height’s Steffie Littlefield

Ellen Barredo, of Bowood Farms

Greenscape Gardens, Jennifer Schamber

KTRS is doing a three person round robin rotation that will address the part of KTRS’s Inside Out Show’s focus on gardening, landscaping and turf care (basically the “Out” portion of the show.)

John Shea will continue with his team of experts and industry representatives from the home building industry and hardware retail suppliers as the anchor of the Inside Out Show and as professional advisor for the balance of home owner call in questions.

All three of the new Inside Out Show’s garden hosts/ experts are wonderful writers and have featured articles published on a frequent basis in the Gateway Gardener. KTRS’s website will surely be updated with this new hosting information shortly!

Merry Christmas,

… Re

No comments: