Saturday, August 6, 2011

5550 KTRS Inside Out Show Saturday August 6th Plant of the Week Ilex crenata Sky Pencil




It seemed like a perfect opportunity today to break away from the shows regular banter routine. While John Shea was off enjoying family and Jim Compton in his chair, I grab some air space and ran fearlessly into a probably “longwinded” cheer-fest rally for this Japanese holly that has surprised me during its recent fast transplant recovery phase and already significant growth rate for this long stretch of “unholy-like heat”. How nice!

I also went into my “green industry ambassador” mode to stress the importance of relationship building, not just with your site and the soil but also with your local green industry professional.

I am passionate about these are the people who spend their living, and for some their whole lives building an encyclopedic level knowledge about R&R of landscaping (Regional quirks & Reality Care Planning).

I am not talking about R&R as the typical “rest and relaxation” notion per say but knowing who to listen to for gardening advice goes along way toward being able to step back and enjoy if not actually rest, knowing you love the final look.

Successful R&R also leads homeowners to being able to say with conviction “I know how and when to take care of my investments in my landscape so I can enjoy it with less worry!

Be forewarned, one successful R&R effort might lead to another, such as a “re-do” of other areas and hopefully you will get to time for re-al pleasure, for me it’s also lead to time for humbling “reflection”!

Personal Note:

Today, as I celebrate with so many our National Day of Prayer, I can only say I am hearing so many “r” words including ” revelation, repent, rethink, restore and respond and this is just mentioning a few!

Remember and rejoice…

…Re

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice” Philippians 4:4

No comments: