Friday, December 17, 2010

Personal Christmas Message Friends and Family


I do consider myself a “senior” these days and am wearing my graying hair proudly as a sign of the changes that have brought me to this point in my life.

I heard this senior version of the children’s song, “Jesus Loves Me,” read on the Bott Radio station the other day and wanted to share it.
The words brought to mind the challenges we face as we age.

It also caused me to pondered Noah’s story. God “worked” him and blessed him and his family in his senior years.
It made me consider that as I mature, the complexities of knowing God for me at least has become much greater.

A few of my elder friends have been great witnesses. As they have become increasing aware that their days are numbered- I acknowledge so are mine.

Noah’s blessing/ burden was complicated, intense, specific, time oriented and outwardly evident ( it never said anywhere that he hid his ark! So I quit hiding my gray!)
And my favorite part, Noah's blessing was inclusive: Noah’s family benefited from Noah’s rightousness and relationship with God. I have been blessed through my family, especially through my sisters, and especially Joanne, who cradled a little lamb like this in her arms and played this song so many times in her last days. I pray now that God blesses my family in their time of need.

As this celebration of the Holy Night approaches, my prayer is that all my family and my “Family in Christ” is blessed.
Thank you to all who have crossed my path for being any part of my life!
( humm the tune and read the words- oh they are so true!)

JESUS LOVES ME
Jesus loves me, this I know,Though my hair is white as snow.Though my sight is growing dim,Still He bids me trust in Him.

(CHORUS)

Yes, Jesus loves me!Yes, Jesus loves me.Yes, Jesus loves me!The Bible tells me so.
Though my steps are oh, so slow,With my hand in His I’ll goOn through life, let come what may,He’ll be there to lead the way.

(CHORUS)

Though I am no longer young,I have much which He’s begun.Let me serve Christ with a smile,Go with others the extra mile.

(CHORUS)

When the nights are dark and long,In my heart He puts a song.Telling me in words so clear,“Have no fear, for I am near.”

(CHORUS)

When my work on earth is done,And life’s victories have been won.He will take me home above,Then I’ll understand His love

(CHORUS)

I love Jesus , does He know?Have I ever told Him so?Jesus loves to hear me say,That I love Him every day.
(Author unknown)


Thank you also to those who offered verse and web pages for these verses that address my aging issues-I hope I got them right!


I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Psalm 37:25.


Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth. Psalm 71:9.
O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. Psalm 71: 17-18.


Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. Psalm 92:13-15.


Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven. Psalm 148: 12-13.


The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the grey head. Proverbs 20:29.


The hoary (silver or grey) head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 16:31.

No comments: