Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Creve Coeur Sail Boat Cove-BENCH Memorial Garden


FRIENDS,


God was truly with me yesterday as I tried to do the finishing work to make the BENCH Garden happen. It has been an extended labor of love, with weather, my health and issues. I am so thankful for my husband (who is now blistered and worn) and for the staff of the St. Louis County Parks Department.
The first tree, a Hepticodium went in last fall but it took till now for the garden to finally come together. So much of horticulture is like my faith walk. All parts of my life have been an evolving. Although most of it has been a gradual process, much happened quickly, especially when the greatest changes where happening-much like this garden!

The planning and ground work for this project has taken nearly a year but then the visable changes, the major planting happened in just a matter of hours. My faith walk has taken a life time but it too raced along these past few years as God placed his hands on my heart while I walked alongside my sister Joanne before He took her HOME. We both have been projects that have had God's hands at work.

Yesterday happened quickly. Suddenly that not so tiny area at Creve Coeur Park was forever changed. That ground, and even that space will never return to the way it was. It took many hands to changed it-THANKYOU.
Now the air will move differently and the water will penetrate differently. There will be new roots and the old roots will be renewed. There is a new direction, a new place, a new purpose. He is the Gardener, but he uses many hands.
Bless those who helped make this happen. Joanne reminded me often that I am a "work in progress". Praise God for His patience! This garden began with a loss that can never be replaced. I do thank God for my family and friends-but I miss her so much.

I know God takes me farther than I can go alone-He proves it daily-but I usually don't have anything to show for it. This time He blessed me with this BENCH garden! I pray the garden and I will contine to grow!
Here is the plant list! I have added links -please visit the garden- sit on the bench and pray that God moves in your life as He has in mine!
BENCH=Be Ever Near Christ Heart - MaryAnn

No comments: